Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ugh technology!

Let's just say I have had quit the day! Along with a lot of craziness at work this week, I am on my lunch break today, which is spent getting physical therapy on my back, and find that my phone is almost dead. This seems impossible since I charged it all night and hardly used it all morning.. I make sure there are no extra apps running or anything and go on my way.. Nothin I can do then.. So I go back to work and do some training and after work I find my phone completley dead. Ugh! Get to my truck, charge it up.. it takes forever to even get enough of a charge to even turn on, then when it does turn on, it has to "reboot" itself, which seems like it takes another eternity. So about 40min later, I get my phone back on and in working condition.. I thought.  I got a facbook notification and it made no noise, just vibrated one tiny bit.. Then Jon tries calling me and it only made enough of a vibration sound to get my attention and then shut itself down, mind you, this is after I had it charging and it had bout half battery of charge.  So.. go through the whole rebooting thing again and then my mom calls, and there it goes again, shutting itself down.. Seriously?  So this time I get the house phone and call Sprint.  Talked to a nice guy who walked me thru some stuff to do and then he did whatever kind of magic those people do, had me go thrugh the whole rebooting thing again and its working.. yay!!  Bad news of that converstaion is that while waiting for the rebooting to take place he told me that we still have until May until we can get an upgrade.. Umm really becausethe store said we were eligible back in July. Nope, they decided to change their policy and now you have to wait almost the entire two years til you can get a new phone.. Wouldnt be a problem if the stuff actually worked!!  So.. now the phone working, great! Continue doin what I'm doin.. get a couple texts, get a couple calls.. we're doin good. I decide to get on the computer.. turn my computer on and now its not working.. stays stuck on the "Dell" screen with a bright red line across the bottom... Really?!?  Do the technology Gods hate me today or what becuase this is soooo not cool.. First, my life is on that comptuer and second, I really needed to get on there.. So I proceed to turn it off, wait a bit and try again... nothing... give it a few more minutes and try it again.. nothin.. I give up!  I have no computer literacy when it comes to fixing these things with technology, I just want them to work when I need them too!!  Thank goodness for a desktop, but still, doesnt help the fact that I need the stuff off my laptop.. Maybe this is God's way of telling me I need to go to bed and start fresh tomorrow! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment