Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cabo San Lucas!

    Well we are home from Cabo.. definately not willingly! haha  It is so beautiful and so amazing there and everyone is so nice!  We stayed at a friends timeshare at ME Cabo, which is a beautiful place and we had a breathtaking view of the beach and our pool wasn't too shabby either! Let's see, where to begin... On the trip was our friends Steph, Bryan, Sharon (Steph's aunt), Bev (Steph's mom) and Jon and I. We got there Saturday afternoon, made it through Mexico Customs with ease, and finally found our ride to the hotel (which I am super glad I arranged beforehand). There are all kinds of people there wanting to take you to their resort, or use their taxi's.. One guy even took my voucher out of my hand and started walking away with it! Luckily I got it back and we were able to make it outside to find our correct shuttle. We originally got dropped off at the wrong hotel and I had a minor freak out when they told me that they didnt have my name in their system, then we figured out it was their sister hotel we were supposed to be at, which was within walking distance so we made our way there.. ME Cabo is even more amazing! So we got all settled in our room and headed straight to the beach! Man, is that a workout! The waves there are definately not like waves off of our Texas Coast. It is work to stay in that water, and the current is very strong! We stayed there a while, then made it to the pool area, which also had a wet bar. PERFECT! After a while we all decided it was time to get dressed and head out to see the town. We headed down to the Marina area and found a restaurant called La Casa Country which was absolutly amazing (btw we never ate a single bad thing this trip, everything is soooo good!). This particular place had the best margaritas I have ever had! And they come and make your salsa and guacamole at your table!  So we drank and ate and just had a good time. After eating (even just appetizers) we were all so full and tired from our travels we decided to head back and get some rest. 
    Sunday-- We woke up to the most beautiful sunrise over the ocean/beach. Just hung out on the balcony for a while enjoying the view. Then we decided to go down to this little cafe. The Jarro Cafe, we had seen right by our hotel. They had the best coffee ever, better than Starbucks fraps! So we drank coffee and ate breakfast here, and then went to the conceirge and see what kinda trouble we could find for excursions. Steph, Bryan, Jon and I decided to do a kayak/snorkeling adventure that afternoon, while Bev and Sharon hung out by the pool. Let me just tell you, you have not truely kayaked until you have done so in the ocean! Holy moly, what a workout! lol  So Jon and I are in a kayak together, paddeling along.. well we get to the rocks/beach (the same one we can see from our room) and we are about to make it to shore when this HUGE wave comes, pushes us sideways and totally flips us. We are scrambling around grabbing stuff and trying to make it to shore without losing anything.. scary at the time, pretty funny now.. and Steph and Bry thought it was pretty funny at the time! So we get ourselves together and back in order, and on shore, just to get our snorkeling gear on to attempt to get back into the raging waves.. ok maybe not really raging, but they were pretty darn crazy! haha After a few failed attempts, I gave up on my flippers, and grab a life jacket and my mask and finally make it out.. There are a ton of fish and they are all beautiful! It was definately worth all the struggles.. Jon, mr scuba diver, dives down pretty far and said there was even more stuff. Once we are all done snorkeling our guide takes us on a walk down the beach to Lovers Beach. First off, the sand in Cabo is not like our sand in Texas, its more like crushed granite and definately doesnt feel good on the feet, but we make it, enjoying the views along the way. On the opposite side of Lover's Beach is Divorce Beach, which is on the Pacific Side. Holy moly, we thought the waves on our side were bad, but we hadn't seen anything til we saw those waves! They were like the ones you only see on TV. So we hang here for a bit, make the walk back and then start our kayaking adventures back. Well, this time was not as easy. By this time, there are boat tours out, and jet skis all around and to top it off we are fighting the wind, but we make it back and we didn't even tip the boat over this time! All in all a good time! After all that work, we go hang in the room for a bit and then find Bev and Sharon in the pool so go down to join them the rest of the day. That evening we get dressed to walk back down to the Marina for some supper. This time we ate at a place called Pochos.. the first time we have ever been able to talk down the price of supper and get drinks thrown in for free! We ate Lobster tail, crab cakes, fish filets, bacon wrapped shrimp and filet minon.. simply amazing! So needless to say, we all overate, and never made it out on the town this night.
    Monday- Jon and I booked a ziplining excursion before we left, so we get up in the morning and get picked up to head out to the canyons. I'm a little nervous getting all strapped in, but not too bad, still having a good time. Well, I dont know if it just wasnt what I expected or just the actually getting up there and having to do it, but I got super freaked out. The first line we did wasnt that far, and I was semi ok... The next one, not so much.. And then we had to hike straight up this mountain to get to the next line. Luckily this was one we were able to do together, kind of. Jon gets his pully thing put on first, and the guide slides him down some, then locks me into mine and then tucks my legs under his arms and away we go... The things we do for love.. that is all I am gonna say! lol  I really dont think that I have ever been so scared in my entire life. There was a family in front of us with two young boys that were my cheerleaders, but even that didnt help. Then Jon opens his mouth and asks how I can go skydiving twice, and not be scared, but am terrified doing this? The answer.. I have no idea! Maybe it was the fact that I was so scared of getting stuck and sliding backwards, or maybe the fact that they tell you to keep your pully straight on the cable, but its pretty hard to do when the wind has whipped your body completely around and you are all twisted up and still worrying about keeping the pully straight, because again I dont want to get stuck...But regardless of the reason, I was so scared I was crying! The end for Jenna came when on line #6, Jon and I go down the line together, but we don't make it all the way to the landing deck.. we get stuck and I start to slide back down the line.. so I hurry and grab the cable, turn myself around and we have to start pulling ourselves up the cable until we get to the landing deck.. Luckily Jon was able to kind of put his feet under my arms and take me with him, but either way I saw myself sliding back down dangling in the middle of the cable.. NO BUENO!! So seeing that I was on the right side of the canyon to get back to where we started, I was done. I did 6 of the 8 lines, which I thought was pretty darn good. Wait til you see the pics!  Jon goes and finishes the last 2 and he said it was a good thing I quit when I did! hahaha  Our shuttle comes to pick us up, and this was a whole other scare.. Now, we are on top of this mountain and have to get down driving on this half washed out roads around corners and our driver is seriously going 50mph! The back of the van is fishtailing around these corners, and I am just praying the entire time. Once down the mountain the rest of the ride is ok, but I am still just ready to be at the pool with a drink in my hand and that is exactly what I did the rest of the afternoon!  That night, we all got semi dressed up and went on our Sunset Dinner Cruise. This was by far the best thing of the trip and totally well worth the money!! They take you out on this double decker party boat, open bar, and they feed you supper! They took us by the famous Arch, where we got to take lots of pics, and then took us by the lowest part of the Baja Peninsula, where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean meet and then out and around in the Pacific Ocean. We ate, drank, danced and had a blast! We didnt want it to be over, so we continued the night. We stopped by Cabo Wabo, which was pretty dead, we thought it would be more alive, but then again it was a Monday night.. After our drink there, we went into El Squid Roe, which is totally awesome! We had such a blast here and I could probably write a whole other blog just on the happenings of the night! Amazing! So this was definately out party night and although we stayed out late (to us) the bars down there down close til 5am!  We didnt close the bar down! haha
    Tuesday-- This was our shopping day! We walked around town, wheeling and dealing for some cool stuff. But not before stopping at our little Cafe for some coffee and breakfast! :) Made it back to our hotel just in time to be picked up for our dolphin adventure! Bev and I were the only ones actually swimming with the dolphins, but everyone else came to watch. I love dolphins! If I could have one, I totally would! lol  I've always wanted to swim with dolphins, but I will say, that although it was cool, it really wasnt worth the amount of money... but it was still awesome! We got about 30 min of interaction time with Shelly, our dolphin, who just seemed so super sweet. We got to hold on to her fins and she swam us across the pool, we danced with her, got kisses from her and then pushed on a boogy board also! Jon got some good pics, but of course he didnt think so, so we bought the professional ones (I think this was him making up for dragging me across the zipline adventure ;) ) Definately a fun day!  Once back at the room, we got cleaned up and headed back to the Marina for supper. This was Sharon and Bev's last night in Cabo, we went back to La Casa Country and drank the fabulous margaritas and again ate way too much! We all got something different, so we all traded off and got to try a bit of everything! Bev and Bry were wanting to go to the Casino, but after getting lost in the half opened mall trying to find it, and then finding out every single machine was in spanish, they changed their mind, so we headed back and got some rest.
    Wednesday-- This was our chill day. All the previous days had been jam packed with things to do, so Jon and I decided that we just wanted to relax. We did walk down and found the fire station (something we are going to do every place we visit). They showed us around and were so hospitable! We got shirts and pictures and Jon got their address so he can send them a sticker for their wall. We couldnt believe that they didnt already have a SAFD sticker, but they will now :)  We headed back to the hotel and met up with Steph and Bry and we all went to the beach for a bit, then when it got too hot and we needed some shade, we got a bed with an umbrella and some shade and hung there the rest of the day. It was perfect. They have the best nachos ever, and the wet bar made it so easy to just hang out and relax, which was exactly what we wanted! Once we had enough of the pool, we got dressed and since this was Jon and I's last night, we wanted to have dinner on the beach. We all walked down the beach and enjoyed the sunset and then found a place called Mango's on the Deck, and enjoyed the sound of the ocean while eating supper. Another perfect night!
    Thursday-- We woke up pretty sad because we didnt want to come home and get back to reality. Although we missed our families and Bones dog, Cabo was paradise and we just weren't quite ready to give that up. We walked down for one last coffee at our Cafe, walked around town a bit more, and then headed back to catch our shuttle for the airport.  Cabo is definately amazing and we will be going back one day!! I can't even put into words how awesome it is, and how nice every single person there is!! It is just like something you see in the movies, but don't think really exists, or that you will ever get to see it, but we did and we highly recommend it to any and everyone looking for a vacation spot! And ME Cabo, just made our experience even that much more enjoyable! I am sure that there is something that I am forgetting to mention about something we did or something that happened, but this is the most of it! :) Pictures to be on facebook soon! :) It was a much needed vacation for us all, but now it is back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment